Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Daryle Lambert - Ebay Changes. You Heard Them Here First.

Photo From T&J Powersellers on Ebay

Yes, there are many people writing about the up coming changes at eBay, but you heard them first in our blogs and press release on October the 4, 2007. In my opinion, the changes are going to be good for the customers and should strengthen eBay's position in the market.

It was no surprise to me that Meg Whitman decided to step aside. Why shouldn't she? What a ten year run! She took the company from one, that at times, didn't know if it could keep its doors open to a company that is known around the world as one of the most profitable enterprises on earth.

The timing is right for her departure, and I suppose becoming a billionaire might have given her an incentive to depart. Why risk her legacy on the changes that are about to take place?


She is a very smart lady and knew that the growth the company has experienced over the last ten years can't be sustained without dramatic changes. And these changes come with no guarantee that they will produce the desired results. So, yes, it's time to turn it over to someone else.

What does this mean for the company and it's competitors? First, as I wrote in October, if eBay does away with the listing fees, it will be a disaster to its competitors. They have been testing this plan for several months now, while at the same time raising other fees to see if that would offset the loss in listing fees. To the customer, this scenario could be a great bonus. They could list more items and not worry about having to pay fees if their item doesn't sell. I personally think that by eliminating competition and keeping more of their sellers listing more items would be a wise move.


There are a couple of things that can wreck the ship for Ebay. First, are the lawsuits that continue to come. Second, the possibility of foreign governments wanting to get involved, wanting part of the action. The road might become rocky for eBay, but I think the long term outlook for this company is very favorable.

Ebay will always play a very important part in the future of the 31 Club, in the Antique & Collectible business, as well as the Fine Arts business. In the last few months I have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of some of the most knowledgeable people in the use of Ebay and other online auctions around the world. I'll be introducing them to you so your auction experience can be tremendously enhanced by their expert guidance. We've already featured the OnlineAuction.com and will continue to tell our members that presently, this company offers some great advantages if you are a seller.

The secret in this business is balance, and that means knowing our markets and where your items fit best. The Internet is just one component in the future success that you will achieve, but it is also a very important one.

The 31 Club aims to keep you ahead of the curve, both in information and in trends. Knowing when to buy items, such as Lotton Glass, and also when to sell items, such as prints, will prove to be invaluable to you. and this is the service that we will be providing our members.

Your destiny is in no one else's hands but your own. Go for the golden ring.

Join me and the rest of the 31 Club right here. You'll get my book, "31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles" for FREE. Or, if you're not quite sure about joining and have some questions you'd like to ask me, or just want to talk with me, E-mail me at info@31corp.com. I'll personally see to it that we set up a time to talk with one another.

Discover how the 31 Club, together with my book, "31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles" can be the tool that helps you begin building personal wealth using antiques, collectibles and fine art. Find out more about joining our growing community of antique and art wealth builders here.

Need to read more about the 31 Club? Read an article
here.

If you haven't yet had a chance to see what we've got listed in the
31 Gallery & Marketplace, click on over and take a look. You might even find a real bargain. We've got many high quality items priced reasonably. If you have a high quality piece you'd like us to find a buyer for, why not consign your item to us. No high fees when you sell with us.

Go to Our Homepage.

If you wish to leave comments use the ANONYMOUS button and then you don't have to sign in to leave your message. Chime in and participate with us.

2 comments:

  1. I do have a few comments I would like to share. First on the ebay front. I am less concerned about the fee's than I am regarding their feedback process. Last summer I had a poor experience with three people leaving neutral or Negative feedback for me that was completly undeserved. Ebay saw fit to "ground" me for two weeks, plus make me pay $50 to remove these comments before I could sell again. How is one supposed to guard against ignorant people that don't realize their comments really hurt sellers, and we as sellers have no control over this? An example: Two weeks ago I sold a few little pieces called "Schmid Lowell Davis(artist)" figurines. They are little resin or porcelain nothings that don't go for much. I sold them for a client - I'm an estate liquidator. One person who bought one of the pieces leaves me a neutral comment:"I thought it was bigger, very disapointed". The size was listed right in the site! She never contacted me first, just left the comment. This really bugs me! Secondly, Finding the right auction house for a good item is really a trial and a tribulation. I have been doing this for 7 years and still have a very difficult time working with auction houses. Many auctioneers are terrific, honest and hardworking people that are a pleasure to work with, however, some of the larger, more successful companies treat me like a leppor! They don't even want to discuss anything with you, let alone consign something for you. What is the best way to assure success in dealing with the larger auction houses? I can't seem to get the hang of this at all. Looking forward to more Great blogs. I always look forward to reading each day! Vicki H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki

    Great to hear from you.

    Yes i also have trouble with the large auctions but I do have a relationship with most of them. This is one of the things that your 31 Club can do for you. We can be a bridge to these market for you at no cost. Also we can help guide you as to price and where your best items need to be placed.

    Ebay feedback, now that is a different problem. My advise is to answeer the complaint as quckly as possible and then notify eBay. This is a big problem. I think that eBay should look into these complaints before they are posted.

    ReplyDelete