Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Lesson Well Learned" - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – Pat me on the back.


I Took My Own Advise


If you remember, a few blogs back I told you that if the buyers weren't available to you to find a dealer to whom they were. Well I took my own advice and when a dealer emailed me about my prints on eBay that didn't sell, I was all ears.

I pursued him as a buyer because I had received no bids on eBay and thought that he was talking about buying the prints straight out. He had a different idea, however, about how we would work together than I did. Like I stated in my previous blog, he assured me that I could double the money on my prints that were posted on eBay by dealing with his buyers. This morning I received a call from the dealer asking if I would sell all six prints at one time and my answer was “Are you kidding?" “There is just one hitch” he said. “The buyer wants to pay for one each month." We have now made the sale and if the buyer agrees, the prints are his. All the buyer has to agree to is that only one print will be delivered to him each month.

If I could find half a dozen dealers like this one I wouldn't need auctions or eBay at all. I sort of enjoy doing business like this and I can assure you this is just the first of many transactions that I will be doing with that dealer. I often have the same arrangement with Cecil and if today wasn't already good enough, Cecil gave me the news that he has sold a painting that we partnered on that brought several thousand dollars. I am beginning to see a pattern here, aren't you? We are creating our own markets by networking together. There will always be room for more members to join our close knit circle and that has been my vision since I began thinking about the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Soon we will be set up to make it much easier for you to be within the club circle so stay tuned. I would like to hear some stories about how you have started your circle.

By the way, I was asked to view the painting that I sold for $25,000 in the person's house that bought it. I couldn't wait to see it because the proper lighting now has been attached to the painting. I was sure that it would be an art lover's dream and I wasn't mistaken. The painting took my breath away and I have to state that in all my years in this business I have never seen a painting that was of better quality than this one. If it were displayed in the Chicago Art Institute, I can assure you that it would put most of the offerings there to shame. The frame in something that you can only dream about because I have never seen one to match it. Over eight inches in width and perhaps six inches in depth and holding a painting that measures over five feet, this frame commands the attention that it deserves. Totally hand carved and the most detailed caving that I have seen, plus being gold guided doesn't hurt either. I just had to share this with you because when you find a true treasure it makes all the hard work worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment