Monday, July 7, 2008

Call Us Country


I am so appreciative that my readers allow me to, on occasion, write about something other than Antiques and Fine Art. This happens to be one of those days. You will find out, if you continue to follow this blog, that the most important things in life to me are God, Family and Country. Often in my daily life I forget about these things to some degree because of my daily surroundings. I have to admit that I am a television junkie, and the negative focuses of most programs do nothing to strengthen my core beliefs. This is why this trip to the Smoky Mountains has been so refreshing to me, and it is just starting.

When I hear people say they aren’t proud of this country nor ever have been, this causes me to wonder why they live here. The reason I allow myself to say this is because while I don’t agree with everything that is done in this country or all the things that are said about it, I will never waver from saying that I am extremely proud of the Red, White and Blue and am offended by anyone who doesn’t. Yes, they have the right to state their opinion; that’s what makes this country great, but that right doesn’t include saying they have never been proud of it when so many men and women have given their last breath defending these peoples’ rights to their opinions.

It’s so refreshing to be in a place where people speak to you before being spoken to and that’s what I am finding in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I see men opening the doors for ladies and parents that are proud to have their children sharing a vacation with them. I’ve encountered very little discussion of politics and much more interest in their spiritual life and that of the people they meet. I have heard no condemnation of the country or its President. Yes, they may not have agreed with every decision the President made but do still recognize him as their president. It feels as if I might be in a foreign country compared to the news that comes out of Chicago. Yes, I think that I can state, without reservation, that I am country.

Last evening, my wife Vickie, her stepmother, our son Joshua, Vickie’s niece Samantha, and my friend Colin attended a show, and it was such a pleasure. It was filled with comedy that was appropriate for all in attendance, and we shared laughs together. Also, the Veterans were honored for their service to country, and they stood to lengthy applause. God was honored in song and praise, with many songs giving thanks for all he has provided this country. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the crowd.

Last, but definitely not least, we sang patriotic songs together, ending in God Bless America. You can bet I will sleep well tonight as just one old country boy.


Put a Turbo Charge on your Antique & Collectible Treasure Hunting Skills. Join Daryle Lambert's 31 Club.

Get FREE MENTORING. Learn Inside the Industry Secrets that help you increase your profits. Then Learn to Grow Your Money Exponentially Buying and Selling only Antiques, Fine Art, and Collectibles with Daryle's Strategic Business Plan. Our Members are Newbies to Seasoned Dealers, making more money than they thought possible. Join Daryle Lambert's 31 Club, today.


My 220 page book, 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Today!

Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment